Squads are formed from the pairing of heroes and units. Squads are ultimately what you send to go to war, improve cities, and transport resources. Heroes and units are useless if they aren't rallied into squads first.
- The first step to recruiting strong squads is recruiting some units. You will have to build one of 4 military buildings in a manor (Barracks, Archery Range, Stable, or Workshop) to begin recruiting.
- Recruited units will appear as idle units in the manor. You will need to rally them into a squad from the manor screen before you can use them.
- Click on the bottom of the manor info panel.
- Click on a hero on the left to lead the squad. You can check your abilities and formations here to choose the hero that best suits the unit type you wish to rally.
- Choose the city where you have some idle units. Your squad will appear in this city once you click "rally".
- Choose the Unit Type and Squad Size
- When rallying a squad you need to choose a formation (choose carefully, some formations give stronger bonuses for certain unit types!), a unit type, the number of units to rally, and any resources you want the squad to carry.
- Food provisions are consumed whenever a squad deploys on march or engages in combat. Don’t forget to equip sufficient food provisions for every squad you rally! If you can spare the food, the safest thing to do is just click the number to carry max food provisions.
- More advanced players can change the combat settings based on the intended use for the squad. (This is covered in more depth in the advanced guide section of the website.)
- When you’re done, just click and your newly formed squad will appear in the designated city.